Back to Basics
Before you start transforming your tresses with rollers, braids and updos, master the fundamental styling techniques for best results.
After shampooing and conditioning, blow-dry the hair roughly until it is 70 percent dry. - Heir Magazine
- Apply the mousse or blow-drying spray, working it evenly through the hair with your fingers.
- Pin up the top layer of the hair with sectioning clips so that you can access the layer underneath. Dry the hair section by section, using the roller brush to hold the roots at right angles to the scalp as you do so to give maximum volume.
- Unclip the top layer section by section and dry each one in the same way, this time unclipping the handle of the brush and leaving the roller in the hair to set in volume. This creates a soft fullness that lifts the hair away from the head. It also smooths and softens the hair cuticles, maximizing shine.
- Give the hair a blast of cold air to set, then gently remove the brush head once hair is completely cool.
- When you have finished drying all the hair, shape it with your fingers and lightly spritz with hairspray.
No Replies to "Back to Basics"